TerraScreen - More Information
- Powder-coated .250 recycled steel wire frame & hangers
- Powder-coated 16ga. steel hanging brackets, adjustable
- Polypropylene no-hole cachepots, sized to hold most 6" nursery containers
- Rigid felt watering wicks
- Braided PVC tubing on pressurized portions
- Pressure-compensating multi-port emitters
- PVC (not PE) tubes running to each grow pot
- Powder-coated 1x1 tube steel, 2-height adjustable legs
- Legs offset for single-side stand, centered for two-sided stand
- Furniture feet (casters optional)
- TerraScreen is primarily designed for interior use. Some clients have adapted them for exterior applications. For those situations, an additional hole should be made in the cachepots to allow excess rainwater to drain.
- Even with good foliage coverage, it may be possible to see the wall behind the TerraScreen. We recommend waterproofing the wall and painting it black, especially if the wall is permanent.
- TerraScreen is available with and without irrigation. In either case we recommend watering from the bottom with the included watering wicks.
- The watering system is designed to provide approximately the same amount of water to each plant. Experience shows that some plants will need more water on the wall than others. For example, plants at the top of large walls tend to get more light and be in warmer conditions than those at the bottom. Plant selection should be made accordingly.
- TerraScreen panels without irrigation are inventory items, and will be shipped within 3-5 days from order for small quantities. Larger quantities may take up to 4-6 weeks from time of order.
- TerraScreen panels with irrigation are made to order from inventory items, and will be shipped within 2-3 weeks for small quantities. Larger quantities may take up to 4-6 weeks from time of order.
- TerraScreen accessories are typically inventory items, and will be shipped within 3-5 days from time of order for small quantities. Larger quantities may take up to 4-6 weeks from time of order.
- The TerraScreen system was originally concieved and designed by an interior plantscaper, Planterra of Detroit. They received numerous requests from their hospitality customers, and weren't satisfied with the available products on the market. After several iterations, they began working with Tournesol Siteworks to create the TerraScreen product line.
- Call your Tournesol Siteworks salesperson to discuss specific plant selection, customization, and conditions for the living wall. If we don't have the answers you are looking for, we probably know someone who does!